Wednesday, August 31

First Dates

In my experience...

  1. Some are just weird and you wonder why you wanted to go out with them in the first place
  2. Some are awful all the way through and you can’t wait for the night to be over
  3. Some are fantastic at the start but then fizzle near the middle and by the end you're bored and know there won’t be another
  4. Some are just really great from the start, kind of sweet in the middle, and by the end are filled with promise

So what kind of date was it? Definitely #4.

Yes, I went on date tonight. I've hung out with him a couple times before but this was our 1st official date (just us, no friends).

It started off well. I was a little nervous, which is weird for me because I don’t get nervous very often. This guy is very good looking/ built very well/ intelligent/ and seems to be very interested in me. All pluses.

There were a few times during the date where neither of us said anything (we were smiling at each other though). I tried to fill in a couple of these gaps – unfortunately saying odd things (the nervousness at work) which probably freaked him out a little.

Then I became more relaxed, just let the silences be. At times, I just wanted to reach over and hug him but I restrained myself.

He likes Celtic music too. I haven’t met many guys that do.

And it was fun. I had a great time. I’m pretty sure that we’ll go out again.

I kind of blundered the whole end of date/ leaving the car/do we hug or kiss or both thing? Still I think it went very well for a 1st date.

Overall, very enjoyable.

Could barely get to sleep last night, was both excited and nervous. Might try for an early night tonight (for me, anything before 11:30p). Am kind of exhausted.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Yay for the good first date! Yay for the nervous excited feeling!

Petra said...

Yeah, still having residual warm fuzzy feelings :)