Saturday, August 13

Somedays not even chocolate is enough

Usually I find chocolate is great as an instant pick me up. I always keep some on hand at home in my fridge (b/c I prefer my choc chilled though I have been known to eat it regardless :)
Right now, I've got a couple bars of cadbury's with hazelnuts (from the UK-yeah cause US Cadbury's taste weird to me), ferrero rocher, ghiradelli dark, lindt's dark and crunch. Like I said, I like to have a supply on hand cause my mood for choc varies and sometimes I want nuts or dark or both. I feel very unsettled when I run out - I have made a midnight choc run to the 24hr grocery so it better when its on hand.
Anyway, back to my point, I did sort of have one when I started this - somedays are so bad that not even chocolate is enough. It's like a calvin & hobbes cartoon I once read where calvin says to hobbes "somedays even wearing my lucky rocketship underwear doesn't help". That's how I've felt this past week. It's tough being single especially when most of your friends are coupled up. You get to be the 3rd wheel at their parties. And everyone knows how fun that can be. When you meet new guys who seem interesting, they mention their significant other and I think - ok moving on. Soon you realize that the only single guy there is the weird one who they invite only out of habit who isn't even the least bit interesting to talk to. I'm great at small talk usually but at some of these parties I feel like I'm in a room by myself. Not sure if that makes any sense.
...Found out that vanilla ice-cream with choc chips with added crushed choc from my supply almost helps.

No comments: