Saturday, August 13

My first blog

This is my first blog. I only found out about blogs this year and only actually read a few this month. Late in the game true but that's kind of like my life. I was one of the last of my friends to get a cell phone.
It's cool to see the way other people think, and its great because you come out of yourself (if only for a moment) and sort of experience someone else's life for a short time. Almost like when I read a great book and get caught up in the story.
Was inspired to start my own blog after reading some of ann's attitude at http://annangel.blogspot.com. Really interesting stuff.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Hey Petra,

I'm glad you like my blog. And it's quite a compliment that you started your blog after reading mine.

Here's my (unsolicited!) blogging advice:

1) Blog for yourself. Write and post things that you like and that make you happy. Don't write for others or adopt other people's style, because you think that's what a blog should be.

2) If you write about other people, those people may very well find your blog and read what you wrote. Finding a way to write about other people (if you want to) in a way that accommodates this fact can be challenging, but you'll find your own way of doing this.

3) Have fun!

Take care,
Ann

Petra said...

Hey Ann,
Thanks for the advice. I think writing for myself is the best way to go too.

take care,
Petra