Monday, August 22

Music I like/love

I own at least 2 or more CDs for the artists listed below - my friend says that I can safely say that I love their music if I've bought so many of their CDs. I have a couple rules I use when buying music a) If it's a single artist, I must like at least 3 tracks on the album and b) if it's a compilation (I buy many of these) then I must like at least 7 tracks. Both these rules go out the window if the CD costs less than $8. I buy most of my CDs used unless it's a new one I feel I must have. So here's my list - in random order.

  • No Doubt
  • Backstreet Boys (I own more than 2 - try not to judge me because of this :)
  • Celine Dion (ditto)
  • Josh Groban
  • Sheryl Crow (I think I own all but one)
  • Solas
  • Altan
  • The Cranberries
  • Amy Grant
  • Shania Twain
  • Green Day
  • Mariah Carey
  • Avril Lavigne
  • Leann Rimes
  • Enya
  • R.E.M.
  • Alanis Morissette(the first non-classical album I bought, on cassette :)
  • Third Eye Blind
  • Andrea Bocelli

In addition to these I've the greatest hits for most of the above as well as for other artists from the 80s/90s-this is music I taped from the radio as a kid and in my teens.

  • Bon Jovi
  • Abba
  • Air Supply
  • Madonna
  • Chicago
  • Lenny Kravitz
  • Boyz-to-Men
  • Bryan Adams
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Michael Jackson

I also have about 10 of the NOW Hits/Totally Hits compilations. I like pop especially if I'm in the mood to dance.

I have more Celtic CDs than any other particular genre and these include compilations which is what I started listening to. Then I started buying CDs of the individual artists themselves. These are the only CDs I tend to pay full price b/c they rarely go on sale and are hardly ever available used. As for classical, Vivaldi's my fav and have a 5-CD collection of his music. Most of the other classical music I listen to are on compilation CDs. I find that I prefer music from the baroque period more than any other.

I could probably live without music but I definitely wouldn't be very happy. Music is great no matter what mood I'm in and I have music to suit them all. There's some stuff I only listen to when I'm angry (like Three Days Grace) or mostly at night before bed (like Sarah McLachlan or Kate Rusby) and then there are the car tunes which lately is The Killers Hot Fuss and Green Days' latest. I love almost every track on both these albums. I highly recommend them both.

No comments: