Thursday, August 25

Places & Things

  1. I've been to Trinity College and seen pages from the Book of Kells and the Book of Durrow
  2. Toured the original Guinness factory, drank my complimentary pint from the Gravity Bar
  3. Walked through Powerscourt Gardens, Co. Wicklow-very beautiful
  4. I've walked along the Greenich Meridian line and toured the Royal Observatory and the National Maritime Museum, the Harrison maritime keepers were fascinating
  5. I've been to the Tower of London and seen the crown jewels - the ravens freaked me out
  6. Seen the Thames by boat
  7. Watched the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace - couldn't distract them, not even with silly faces
  8. Seen Big Ben and Trafalgar Square from the top of a double-decker bus
  9. Seen London from the top of The London Eye - the view was worth the 90min wait
  10. Climbed to the top of Clifford's Tower in York
  11. I've driven down Lombard, the world's most-crooked street in San Fran
  12. Ridden in a cable car - takes a lot of muscle to operate
  13. Seen Golden Gate Bridge from every conceivable angle (and have pics to prove this)
  14. I've been to Alcatraz
  15. I've seen Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Safari and Disney Quest
  16. I've been to Universal Studios, Orlando
  17. Been to the Saratoga Racetrack, had the thrill of winning and the agony of losing
  18. Seen Howe caverns
  19. Seen a demolition derby - more exciting to watch than I thought it would be
  20. I've been to the Kennedy Space Center

No comments: