Sunday, April 9

birthday fun

Got a pre-b'day call from my sis on Sat. Did some tidying up, a little cleaning.

Went out to dinner around 7p with several friends. Dinner was great.
Took my camera and as a party favor ;) had everyone take pics of themselves making funny faces. Mine and C's were the best/worst depending on your point of view. Very funny pics. Not ones I will ever publisize though :) Also got some nice group pics around the table.

Later met up with S & T and went downtown to a club for dancing. T said he's not much of a dancer but he still was interested in hanging out. Apparently cool guys don't dance. We did eventually get him out on the dance floor and I think he enjoyed himself.

They had a great live band which played covers all night. However most weren't danceable tunes. Between sets was better b/c the DJ then played stuff that was better for dancing. We were out quite late.

Our last call was Copacabana. Yeah, that's right. So S and I started dancing together just for fun, twirling each other and flinging our heads back 'cha-cha-cha' style as we worked our way acroos the floor. Half-way through, 2 guys intercepted and one danced with me and the other with S. Very smooth. The guy I danced with was a great mover. Close enough to follow each other's moves but not too close that it was uncomfortable. It was a great way to end the night. When the song was done, the guy I danced with gave me a hug and thanked me for the dance. Very cool. The guy dancing with S kept on dancing. S gave me a look then slipped out of his hands and started dancing with me again to get rid of him. Very smooth. We made a 330am pizza run. The placed was packed - apparently it's one of the few places that was still open at that hour. Pretty good pizza. Went to bed around 430am. My Mum called at 530am to leave me a b'day message. Missed the call but it was nice to have a message first thing (after I finally got up).

Plans for my brand new year:
arrive on time or early
paint more
keep exercising regularly
get more sleep
volunteer/join something where I can meet new people

Didn't do much today. Skipped choir b/c I was still really hoarse(was actually hoarse before I went to bed at 4ish-probably all the shouting to be heard above the music, and then the singing along with said music :). It still hurts to sing and talk. Did go to Mass though for Palm Sunday. I like it when my bday falls on a Sun and can go to church on the day. Got home, talked to the family, a few friends on the phone. That's about it.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday!!! :)

Petra said...

Thanks Ann :)