Sunday, April 23

Roadtrippin

Drove to Stockbridge MA Fri. Got a later start than I'd intended, didn't leave until 1130am but it was fine. I printed out directions to/from each of the places I planned to visit. Got a little detoured...ok lost...but that was ok too.
I just thought that I'd keep driving for 5min and if that didn't get me close to where I needed then I'd just turn around and go back or pullover and recheck my maps. I did both these things a few times. I also drove past left turns and had to turn around later to get back on track. There were other people turning around the same as I was (with out-of-state plates so I wasn't the only one :) A navigator would have been handy and a picture taker(almost pic of entering MA).

Went to the Norman Rockwell Museum and that was good. I'm not a big fan of his work but it was one of the things I could find :) so I drove up the winding road to the museum. The setting for it is beautiful. His paintings are very good, very detailed but I wouldn't want to have them staring at me from my apt walls. Except for one painting called "Springtime in Stockbridge" From across the room, this painting looks lit from the inside. I had to get real close to it - it was amazing. Whenever I vist a gallery/museum I always look for a piece that I'd like to own if I had the money, etc. This painting was it for me. Worth the price of admission. There was a print of it available that was $125. Way more than I can afford at the moment. Plus not as good as the original, close but no cigar.

Also went to the National Shrine of the Divine Mercy(today's Divine Mercy Sunday). The Shrine was so detailed inside, so beautiful. I almost wanted to take pictures. Some people did but it just didn't feel right to me so I didn't take any inside. I got there just after Mass started so I stayed a while. It was great. Next year I may go for the actual Mass on Sunday. It rains every year and hundreds of people go there from all over the world. They have an outdoor Mass under tents. It's quite something to see and experience. I watched it on TV. Too cold and wet for me out there.

I also wanted to visit a few other places in West Stockbridge but they all seemed to be closed for renovations or just closed in general. But I had a good day. I packed a lunch and ate it in the car. Got back home around 6pm. Had to go to the grocery for a few things. By the time I got back to my apt I was pretty beat. So I didn't go to see Solas. Another time I guess. There is some sort of Celtic Festival next weekend which I'm going to try to go to instead.

Did laundry and cooked a bit on Sat and relaxed in between. It rained all day Sat. Then our power went out for about 2hrs. Sitting in the dark can drive you a little batty. Too dark to read. Did have the Ipod on but that was it. Talked to S and we decided to go see a movie around 9. Unfortunately we were both late(I was later) and the movie was sold out. The only other choices were movies we weren't prepared to see or to pay money to see. So we used the sudden-death quarter to decide if to leave the mall and do something else :) So we went bowling instead. Called our usual bowling compadre T and bowling a few games. Then we went for coffee and scrabble at local coffee shop. I always lose. And I did again. Not the end of the world I know. Still, it'd be nice not to lose. I make great words, open up the board. Unfortunately, my great board-opening-words weren't worth tons of points :( I get so caught in making great words that I forget that points matter. I don't think about the points first, it's all about the word to me. Oh well.

Guess what? I'm hoarse AGAIN.

No comments: