Thursday, April 20

So I'm off work tomorrow. Yay! After I got home tonight, I did a little happy dance-words cannot express how wonderful it is not to have to go to work tomorrow. I find joy in the little things :)

Almost time fo rmy car's oil's to be changed, I'll get it done Sat. I't not past 3000 miles yet. I usu try to get it done ~2800 or so. I usu only change my oil 2-3 times a year. I don't drive much and my commute to work is ~8mi. Since I got my car in Feb 2004, I have driven just under 10k miles. I wonder if that's worth a discount on my car ins. They always ask you to guesstimate how many miles/yr you will drive. The average they use for me is usu ~10k/yr. Might need to check that out.

So I'm going to West Stockbridge/Stockbridge MA tomorrrow. Have a few sights in mind to see and will play it by air for the rest of the time. Going to make a day of it. Got to clean the crap out of my car. I don't know where/how it all gets in there. Printed out my directions and laid out my digicam and I-pod. Oh and water, can't forget that. If I get cool pics I'll post them.

I also want to go to a concert tomorrow night to see Solas - a Celtic group whose music I love. I haven't had a chance to see them live before. I own several of their albums. Hopefully I won't be too tired when I get back from my day trip.

Need to find time this weekend to work on my final presentation for the chem clas I'm taking. Our prof has moved up the time-table for them. On the syllabus, they're not scheduled until the last couple days of class(near end of May). I don't know why he thinks we'll need so much time. We have one more day of class to get through. Plus only half of us (who are taking the class for credit)will have to present and he said to plan for 10min/6-8 slides. Plus 5-10min of questions. How long does he think it's going to take? Only 6 of us are presenting. Yeah it's a small class, only 12 people incl yours truly.
On Wed, he started the last section 5 min before class was supposed to end. I was a little outraged(quitely of course :) Well I did write a note to E about it. We kinda write notes to each other during class. Kind of like we do at work during seminars. He prob knows but it keeps us awake (mostly) and out of trouble. So where's the harm. sometimes it's hard not to giggle out loud though. Have had to do some throat clearing and coughing for cover. He kept an extra 18min supposedly so that we could free up more time for presentations. He got 2 volunteers to go on Mon. Yeah so since I haven't exactly finished mine yet...started mine yet would be more accurate. I do have a topic though prob b/c he wanted us to clear them with him a couple wks ago. So got to get that done cause on Mon he'll be looking for volunteers for Wed.

Better get to bed, don't want to wake up too late. Planning to have a hearty leisurely breakfast around 730am then hope to be on the road by 9.

3 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Not a discount, but it will impact the rating of your policy. Trust me on this, I have the inside scoop. :)

Anna said...

Have a great weekend! Enjoy your day off.

Petra said...

Ktp - impact the rating of my policy in a good way?

Ann - Thanks, had a great day.