Saturday, April 1

payday Friday-best day of the week

Today it was about 65-70° outside with a slight breeze. Bright sun-shiny day. I only know this b/c the fire alarm went off at work today so I actually got to be outside before 5pm.

When the fire alarm first started going off, it startled me. I almost dropped the flask I was holding, I was just about to put it on the rotovap. Then I realized it was the fire alarm. Dropping that flask would have been bad. One of the chemicals in this flask has a label - possible carcinogen/ highly toxic/readily absorbed through skin/not fully tested. Yeah so they think it causes cancer, and God knows what else since it's not fully tested. It's one of the nastier chemicals that I have to use occasionally. Luckily, I didn't drop it. I always wear 2 pairs of gloves when dealing with it, heavy duty gloves on outside, regular gloves on the inside just in case. There wasn't a fire or any accident. Apparently there was a problem with the water pressure or some such thing and that set off the alarms. Bizarre, no?

Went to gym last night, did cardio only. Then went tonight and did my usu mix of cardio and weights. Felt energized when I got home tonight. Very unusual for me on a Fri night. Especially at that TOTM. So I went to see "Inside Man" with S and T tonight. Wasn't sure if I wanted to see it or not (just from the title). After the movie started I realized that it was a movie I wanted to see. I'd seen the trailer and thought it looked interesting. It was pretty good. Planning to go bowling tomorrow. I still haven't bought shoes yet. I really should. We've been going once or twice month. And I worry about all the foot fungi that live in the bowling alley shoes. They spary disifectant in them. Have you seen how they do this? They only spray the part where their hands have to pick up the shoes. The inner regions of the shoes(where nail/toe fungi are playing happily) get no spray at all. This concerns me. I've been taking an extra pair of socks with me whenever I go. Then I change into fresh socks before I put my feet back into my shoes. Probably doesn't make much difference but it makes me feel better about the shoes.

Really need to go to bed now. Still too keyed up, past the point of being sleepy. No matter, I'm just going to lie down and maybe I drift off soon. Night all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where i get more info?