Tuesday, April 11

choir...idol

Went to choir practice tonight @ 730. This is a big week church-wise. We have choir call(start time for practice before service) Thurs thru Sun. I've got to get major sleep starting tonight so I can be awake for all the rehearsals/performances this week.

I was able to sing most of the notes on key tonight, a little rocky on the higher ones as I'm still a little hoarse but made the lower ones easily. During practice, we sit, stand, sit, stand, depending on the piece we're singing. We typically practice 12-15 different pieces of music. It can be a little tiring especially by 9pm.

On Idol tonight
Bucky was ok. Ace was disappointing - did he hit himself in the mouth with the mike? forget a couple words? or am I mistaken? Over my whole Ace-maina. Though it pains me to say it, Kellie was ok tonight, annoying yes (but she always is) did a fairly ok job with such a popular song(Bohemian Rhapsody). Tonight was rock night-music of Queen. I thought Chris did a good job but wish he'd done a song I know. I mean, he is the rock guy, you know(well you'd know if you watch idol and if you don't watch - now you know :). Had to fast-forward through Katherine McPhee. That girl strained on so many notes. She really needs to find a pitch and stick with it. They (the judges) are always praising her and though she can sing certain songs well, often I find that she hits many notes that are out of her range...thin nails on chalk board or styrofoam(drives my sis nuts ;). They compared her voice to celine Dion and Whitney -they never had those pitchy problems in their prime.

Anyhoo, I put my money on Elliot again to go out so we'll see. We have to submit our lists before they perform-makes it more interesting. I actually thought he did a good job tonight, better than he's done in a long time. Has anyone else noticed that they started working on his teeth? Good for him.

Ok so Taylor...what was he doing on the stage? Seriously. His vocal was pretty good though. He made a good decision to change his song from 'we are the champions' to 'crazy little thing called love'. I don't think that Paris is doing herself any favors by changing her hair so drastically each week-she looks like a different person every time. Have to agree with Simon tonight-it was all a little weird.

After seeing them all, I think I want Katherine to go out next instead. Either her or Paris, just never warmed to either of them.

No comments: