Thursday, April 13

Left work right on time @ 5pm. Driving out to the short highway I see tons of traffic all heading in the direction opposite to me. So I think-I am so not moving anywhere in that direction b/c I don't want to deal with that traffic every evening just to go home. So on my way, there's suddenly a traffic jam in front of me. And the guy next to me wouldn't let me in to change lanes so I was stuck in the far left lane, no escape through side road like I was planning to do. Oh crap. Anyhoo, took 10min to go about a mile then it started flowing again. Across the median was 2 police cars, 1 fire truck and 1 ambulance and on our side of the median a huge fire truck was blocking one lane. My lane. So I eventually moved over when some kind person let me. Looked like a bad accident. Looked like a few fire fighters or maybe they were EMTs were tending to people on the ground. Traffic past that was blocked up for miles behind all the emergency vehicles. There was a 2nd ambulance trying to make its way through the traffic - only 2 lanes, unpaved excuse for a shoulder. But the ambulance was not deterred, he kept the lights flashing and the siren going while driving down the middle of the lanes. Cars were diving into the shoulder to avoid it. I took a side street as soon as I could. I almost wanted to stop and tell the people I was driving past - you don't want to turn left, you'll be sorry.

All this means that it took 35min instead of 15 to get home. Barely time to get changed and eat before choir practice/Mass @ 6pm. Yeah so I had oatmeal for dinner. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Got back home at 830pm. Wasn't hungry. By 1030 I was starving though. Decided to have tostidos with melted colby jack and salsa. Separate -no salsa conqueso for me. Ever. I nuke the cheese for ~15sec and then it's jsut melted and yummy. Had to stop typing until I finished b/c I was getting grease all over the keyboard.

Started a painting tonight. Tried a couple different things. Doesn't look great. I got impatient and went too quickly but it seems salvageable. Will work on more tomorrow. Need to get to bed by 11:15. That's the goal for tonight :)

No comments: