Thursday, September 15

I love Batman

Batman was my fav superhero when I was a kid and I've seen all the other batman movies made. Finally saw the latest Batman movie tonight. Got there a little late and missed the first 15 minutes. I enjoyed it but there were parts of dialog that I missed throughout - some of it just wasn't clear. I kind of wished I could turn on the close captions.
I watch TV with the captions most of the time. It's great especially for baseball and Alias re-runs. Just gotten used to it and only remember it's kind of strange when I have company who ask why the captions are on. I often mute the TV when I watch baseball while I listen to music, so the captions help. And with Alias, it's so I don't miss anything :)

While I was watching the movie, I had a big thought and it was this. I am alone - all my other friends have seen the movie already, without me. And I was thinking that it was ok that I was alone. I used to go to movies by myself all the time when I first moved here and didn't know anyone. And after I made a few friends here, I'd still go on my own sometimes. Then they insisted I go with them. Well, until they got boyfriends. And I sort of got out of the habit. Now I only get a call when their significant others are out of town or out with the guys. I don't want to do this anymore. So I made a decision tonight. No more going to stupid couple parties. No more always being available when it's convenient for them but not for me. I'm only doing things I want to do. If I have to do them by myself, fine. Going to the movie tonight was a good start. I'm going to see the penguin movie this weekend. On my own and I'm looking forward to that as well.

I do have a house-warming party to go to Sat night. One of my few married friends, they have 3 huge german shepherds which I must confess to being a little afraid of. They are well trained so I'm not afraid of being bitten. I think I'm nervous around them b/c I didn't grow up with animals. That, and I don't like to be licked. I can only pet one of them, the youngest b/c I met him as a puppy - a big puppy :) I'm just not used to dogs and they are quite a lot of dog all together. I think everyone else there will be coupled up. But I already said I'd go. Their parties are usu fun though even when I'm the only single there. So I'm looking forward to it.

Also planning a trip to Cooperstown to see the baseball hall of fame but not until next weekend. I haven't done laundry in some time and have to get it done this weekend. Either that or go shopping. I hate doing laundry. At least it is in my builiding but they have wacky hrs - only 8:30am-8:30pm every day. So I can't do it before work and am too tired to do it after work. And everyone else seems to need to do theirs on weekends - even though they all seem to leave for work after I do and get back from work long before I do (and take all the close parking spots).

While I was driving home tonight (the theatre 's 30 min away), I was thinking that even if takes longer than I'd like, I'd rather wait to find the right person for me than to settle. Sure I get lonely. And sometimes feel a bit starved for affection. Some days I just need a hug - it's at those times especially that I wish I lived closer to my family. But I'm tired of making excuses for people who are wrong for me. I'm very straightforward and I wish people would be that way with me. By people I mean men. They always seem to be on some other plane. At least those that I'm interested in. Either they say what I want to hear but their actions tell the real truth. Or they don't say anything at all leaving me guessing...questioning...making excuses. That's enough introspection for one day. Going to read something light and fluffy :)

Going to bed soon. Fell asleep on the futon last night around 9 or 10, I think. Woke up at 2am and moved to bed and drifted off soon after. Maybe my random insomnia is over for a while. Going to bed soon, really.

No comments: