Sunday, September 18

My Weekend

I collect quotes and from time to time go through my collection. Sometimes I find ones that I really need to read at that moment in my life. I found this one today. I've had it for a few years now and occasionally I make a poster of it and hang it up on my wall. And it helps. It's a poem, "After a While" by Veronica A. Shoffstall. It's worth reading. The site is cool too.

I spent Sat morning lazing in bed. I've had a headache for 3 days now. My folks think it's a sinus headache and maybe they're right b/c headache meds haven't helped at all. But they suggested and I tried, a mini inhalation over a bowl of hot-water with few drops of eucalyptus oil and that helped a bit.

Also got my new vacuum cleaner and it's fantastic. It's a bagless which is a little gross to empty/see the disgusting stuff it picks up but also quite satisfying to know that I'm no longer breathing that crap in. Did major cleaning of my apt - moved furniture around, etc. The vacuum is self-propelling and it's a wonder to use. I may be inspired to vacuum more often now.

The party last night was really good. I was a bit late even though I probably live the closest. Their new house is really beautiful and they have a bit more yard for the dogs. There was a good mix of people, some new to me and a few I know from work. The dogs were ok. The biggest one kept sneaking up to me, licking my hand and running off. I petted the youngest one, he always remembers me and once I say "no licking" I can pet him without being licked. Dogs are really smart sometimes. I also petted one of their cats (the other one hides whenever there's company).

It's a Michigan State household so our host was in a great mood when they finally beat Notre Dame, it was close though. I don't know a lot about football but don't mind watching the game. The food was pretty good as well and I must have had about 15 different kind of cheese, even chocloate cheese which was a little weird but not bad. And I also tried pickled bologna which I'd never heard of before the party. It was ok. It was a fun night and I stayed until it was quite late. By that time it was just me and a friend of theirs from out of town. While my friend burned me a couple CDs, we watched "Team America". So dumb yet so funny. His friend is cute. But I think he's taken. Pity.

Didn't make it to the movies today but got my laundry done at last. It's been quite a weekend. I'm exhausted and am going to bed soon which is wicked early for me but I feel really tired. Its a good tiredness though and my body can always do with more sleep.

No comments: