Thursday, September 29

Nose still running but end in sight

Just watched Alias. I enjoyed it, if you're a fan you can read my post about it. Now watching the end of the Yankee-Orioles game.

Definitely on the mend even though my voice is still a bit hoarse. The end of this cold is in sight.

When I tried to sing on Sat, a very scary croak came out plus my throat still hurt a bit so I gave up - tried on Mon and could just sing along to Hootie & the Blowfish's "Hannah Jane"..Today was better, still not at my usual pitch but not so much like a guy anymore.

Had my second night of 6hr sleep in a row. I've been taking my inhaler round-the-clock since Thurs ~2am and I haven't gotten a good night's rest since - I need a porter for the bags under my eyes. I've been trying to take it every 4h and then the last couple days have been able to go 6hr till the early morning.

Finally the Yankees won. My heart can't take it when the lead gets pissed away. Only 3 more games to go against the Red Sox. Nail-biting time.

I haven't been feeling very attractive lately what with my being sick and not sleeping through the night and the bags under my eyes. I also feel a little bit fat. It funny that that whole feeling fat thing is not constant considering that I eat what I want and don't exercise consistently. Funnily enough, the feeling fat doesn't often correlate into me exercising.

Today 2 things happened to improve my perspective. This morning I tried on a shirt that was very snug the last time I wore it earlier this year, but today but quite loose. It's cool enough for long sleeves again. Yay!

Secondly, one of the guys in my lab came in and asked "how are you feeling?" I wasn't sure if he meant me or Mac, the guy who was also there. Then he looked directly at me and said "how is the very attractive person in the lab feeling?" Mac ans, "I'm quite well thanks" then he gave him a funny look. It was kind of funny and made me smile.
I guess he didn't notice the bags under the ole eyes or maybe this eye cream from Loreal I've been using is working even though I can't see the difference myself. Still, made me feel a bit better overall.

Another good sign, I feel like real food again and to celebrate ordered chinese - chicken in garlic sauce, it was delicious. When I called they didn't recognize my voice and asked for my tel# then realized it was me (I'm a regular). No spare-ribs tip tonight (she offered, I declined, wasn't in the mood).

I should get some rest now. Planning to get to work early tomorrow as its pay-dayFri. Woo-Hoo! The plan is to leave my apt before 730am. It's been done before, not often but I have done it.

1 comment:

Petra said...

Had a lot of fun last night. Saw your blog, cool. Nice pics.