Sunday, September 11

Note to self: I am lactose intolerant

I had the most awful stomach ache and naseous feelings Fri night by the time I was ready for bed. That night I kept thinking - why did I order Shepherd's Pie from a place that specializes in bar food? It tasted pretty good though. I was thinking they must not have cooked the beef in it properly b/c the only other stuff in it was mashed potatoes and green peas. I didn't have real food poison symptoms (I've had them before and that was 2 full days of horror). It was only today after talking to my sis that I realized what it was. The milk and cheese in the potatoes. Me. Lactose intolerant. I didn't even think of taking my Lactaid pills. I should have done. And by the time I got ready for bed, not even the 6 Tums I took helped.

Skipped the whole maize hunt thing. Just wasn't in the mood. Partly because of the upset stomach and also partly b/c I would have been going with 2 couples. Just wasn't in the mood to be the fifth wheel...again. Kind of a sore point with me recently. It's like people think that you're abnormal if you're single. Quite frankly, I'd rather be single and reasonably happy most of the time than in a couple and miserable most of the time. Like some I know. Plus, I'm picky.

Went to a late movie last night with a couple singletons like myself. We saw "The Constant Gardener". I hadn't read much about it other than the actors in it and knew it was going to be a serious sort of film. I won't spoil it for anyone who plans to see it but haven't yet. It was kind of serious to see late at night though. It took me a while to wind down when I got in.

Choir started today-did I mention that before? I'm in the choir at church - which means getting up earlier on Sun (have to be there by 9:30am) but I enjoy it a lot. I'm an alto and although don't have the kind of voice for solos, I can carry a tune and I can still read music (piano lessons as a kid) so that helps. We have a great bunch of people in the choir and a great choir director who somehow manages to get us to sound great by the time we have to sing for the congregation at mass. We have summers off which is a nice break. About half the pieces we do are in Latin which is kind of cool to sing once we get the pronounciation down.

My vacuum conked out on me today and I was actually in the mood to vacuum (a rarity for me) so I was kind of bummed. So I bought one online today. Should probably have thought about it more, it was kind of spur-of-the-moment but hopefully it'll be great and I'll love it and be inspired to vacuum more often :)

Off to re-watch 'About a Boy'. I love that movie, it has some hilarious lines throughout and it ends really well.

No comments: