Monday, September 5

Should I call?

So he hasn't called. Its been 5 days. I think I'll call today, casually ask how his weekend was, etc. I think enough time has passed but I don't want to leave it too long.

I am definitely interested. Not sure where this is going but he's so cool and I want to get to know him better.

One note - he's younger by more years than I want to think about (He's 24). When he told me, I was like, ohhh. I think I made a face as well. He asked if it was a problem. I quickly denied that it was. But it is, a bit.

It's funny because I think that all the guys I've dated from my 20s to now have been younger. When I was 23, I decided - no more 19-yr-old guys. Have to draw the line somewhere right. If they're not old enough to buy their own = too young. Actually, in the Caribbean, there's no drinking age or at least if there is one on the books, it's not enforced. I never got carded at home so that really didn't apply there.

I think this whole dating-younger-guys thing has happened partly because I've always looked very young for my age. At 20, I could pass for 16 easily. This was very annoying. At 30, I still get carded in most places; which is great now. So maybe that's why younger guys are attacted to me. The age gap hasn't been this much before, usu its 2-3 yrs. Well...with guys I've actually dated. Crushes don't count right? :)

I'm trying not to be bothered by the age thing too much. My Mum says that men die younger anyway so it's a good thing if they are younger than you. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it works out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, call him. Why wouldn't you?

And don't worry -- at this point -- about the age difference. If his maturity level is a problem, that will become clear soon. Which is true whether he's 24 or 34 or 44...

Petra said...

I plan to call tomorrow because he's going to a concert tonight - then I can ask him about that as well.

Rachel said...

It's no big deal! my husband is 7 years older than me, he's 33 and I just turned 26 a couple of weeks ago.

Petra said...

You know what's funny, at 26, I would not have considered anyone 7yrs older. I'm not going to sweat about it anymore though :)