Monday, September 5

Sometimes I feel like I'm a horrible person

I was reading this blog where they talked about goggling an ex just to see what they were up to, so I thought, why not?

So I goggled Lit (ok I admit, that wasn't the first time, I've goggled him before) and guess what I found out. He and his dad have the same name. I didn't know that. His father died back in May this year. I didn't know that either. Guess I didn't know him as well as I thought. It was sudden from the newspaper article's account. I met his Dad once and he seemed like a great person. His parents were happily married for 34 years. That's a long time.

I felt so sad for him. I wanted to call him. But then I thought, that would make me feel better but probably wouldn't do anything for him. If he wanted to talk to me about it, he would have told me. He didn't. So I don't think I should call him. I'm over him mostly but I still care about him and wish him well. I'm guess I'm just really sorry for him and his family. And I wish I could offer my condolences.

If I did call, how do I explain the way I found out...
...hi, so sorry to hear about your Dad...how did I find out?...oh I was just goggling you and...
Yeah not something I want to explain. Am I horrible or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, you are not horrible. Googling someone is a common thing to do.

It's a sign of a caring heart that you want to help him. But... if you are asking for advice... don't call him. This news doesn't change any of the reasons why you stopped calling him.

Petra said...

Thanks Ann. I know I shouldn't call and I'm not going to.