Wednesday, February 1

american idol

I've started watching American Idol. Well I'm trying to slowly build up my tolerance for it. My current limit is 10min. At work, a friend of mine runs a pool for American Idol every year-there's all these rules and once it gets down to the last 20 or so ppl, you can bet each week on who gets voted off or ranks their order. It's quite a complex system which only she and another guy (he actually does the spreadsheets with everyone's bets and odds etc.) Anyhoo, I wanted to join it this year so I'm trying to build up my tolerance so by the time they get down to last few ppl I will actually be able to stand watching it the whole way through. It's like a train wreck/plane crash/10 car pile-up. I can only stand it for so long. It's funny at first then kind of hard to watch the humiliation of these people. Then there are the contestants who are so bizarre you wonder if they really expect to be taken seriously or if they just want their 15sec of fame during the audition. Simon is so mean, he made fun of this girl with braces, I thought she was going to cry. Half of the contestants don't know the lyrics of the songs they choose to sing. Just awful to listen to and to watch.
15 minutes...that's it for me tonight...can't take anymore of this. Luckily Bones is on at 9pm so I will see something else to erase the images.

Had class tonight - it was a little better than Monday's class. I actually did a little reading (a chemistry review on the current topic) while at the gym last night, the time on the bike just flew by.
I was trying to get a couple reaction set before I left work today but couldn't. Why is it that my supervisor only want to talk to me when I'm in a hurry. He told me like 3 or 4 stories from when in was in grad-school. 2 of which he's told me before. Now I usually let people tell me the same stories over and over again. People often forget that they have so I don't interrupt even though I could probably repeat said story to them verbatim. But today was trying, on and on he kept talking. I couldn't concentrate. One of the reactions I wanted to do couldn't be set up b/c the starting material for it wasn't dry enough. And the other one, I just decided to leave it b/c it would have taken too long and I was stressed out enough as it was. So I put it in the freezer, told him that I was off to class and left.

2 comments:

Amy Ruiz Fritz said...

American Idol just doesn't seem as good as it was last year. I don't know if it's the pool of talent that sucks or if it's just the format is so predictable now.

Petra said...

Sfchick74, I haven't really watched it before this year for more than 2 or 3 minutes stretches. Usually I just hear about it at work cause most ppl watch it.