Saturday, February 25

Hidden Gems

Listening to: God of Wine...Third Eye Blind (3EB)

Haven't listened to 3EB in a long time. I really love this song. I think it's my fav 3EB song. Other faves are 'Jumper' and 'How's it gonna be'. I also really like several on their "Blue" album-Slow Motion(instrumental guitar piece) is my current fav followed closely by 'deep inside of you' and 'never let you go'.

I discovered 'darwin' recently after owning this CD for years (I only listened to the ones made popular on the radio). Some CDs I buy and listen to every song and love almost all of them-like Green Day's American Idiot and both of Avril Lavigne's albums.
Others like Simple Plan grow on me over time. At first I only liked 'welcome to my life' and 'addicted'. Now they're no longer my faves. I made a mix of both their albums "Still Not Getting Any & No pads, no helmets...just balls" and have been playing it every day in the car for weeks now. So many cool songs; some for angry moments...when I'm just frustrated at everyone & everything...sad moments...moments when I just feel like rocking out/singing out loud and dancing.
Top ones are:
Jump(listened to most)...One Day...Shut Up!...Thank You...Crazy...The Worst Day Ever...God Must Hate Me...Grow Up...Promise
Both albums have grown on me or maybe it's just that I can relate to them more now.

I think it's kind of cool to re-discover songs on CDs I've owned for yrs. Some I never listen to, sticking only with the songs I bought the CD for. So it's nice to go back sometimes and just listen to a CD all the way through-never know-you may find a gem :)

Now listening to: Could I Be You...Matchbox 20

No comments: