Saturday, February 25

muscle cramps, doctors and dogs

Woke up this morning and my left leg was cramping something awful. I could hardly move it. It took about 10 min before the muscles relaxed. Normally my response to this would be to wonder what was wrong with me now? Then I'd probably look it up online. Then maybe consider going to my docotr. But now, it's different. I don't want to call the doctor. Cause I think that even if my symtoms are legit she'll just think I'm nuts, that it's all in my head Or due to my anxiety. Even though I have been on tons of medication for my asthma and some of the symtoms that I was having were due to that, not just to anxiety. I think it made me worry even more. Her bringin up the anxiety thing in the way that she did. Now I don't know how I feel about going to her anymore. A month ago, I got this weird letter/invoice from my health ins saying something about me owing for my last appointment. I ignored this letter b/c
1) it didn't have the co-pay I paid for the visit in question on it.
2) it just didn't make sense to me.

Yesterday I got a letter from the doctor's office saying some nonsense about me owing $18.88 for something called "established patient expanded" WTF? My ins requires a co-pay for each visit to doctor's office. A different co-pay for mental health care. I'm in an EPO so I can go to any doc with/without a referral. I don't understand what the hell this means. Why should I pay more now than before? These are all questions I need to call and ask. I just couldn't face it this week.

I wonder if I just got a new doc if this crap would still happen. I could do it if I wanted to. my health plan allows it. I like my doc. Well I used to before but now, I'm just not so sure. Will she take me seriously anymore? Or will she assume that any/all my symtoms are due to anxiety and therefore should be ignored or treated with anxiety medication? This has been bothering me for some time.
Even my psychologist after reviewing the dosages and medications I was on thought that the spasms I was having could have been due to the meds not mainly b/c of anxiety. Will have to deal with this next week.

Definitely have some kind of cold or something. Maybe it's an allergy. I don't know. I've had a dry cough for most of the day. Funnily enough, while I was at C&T's tonight around their 3 big dogs, no coughing. Very weird. I petted a different one tonight, the one who does these drive-by-lickings (she walks up to me slyly, then licks my hand and quickly walks away, stops, turns back to look at me-it's the oddest thing). The one who growled at me the last time I was there, he jumped on me several times tonight or tried to anyway. Also smelled my butt and tried to hump my leg. Dogs. And he's a whole lotta dog too. Very healthy german shepherd. tonight was fun, they're a really cool couple and I always have fun at their place.

The party last weekend was boring. Well, I was bored. I think most of the other people there were having fun. Most people were talking shop and they're mostly in a different field from me so much of it didn't make sense to me. Plus there was only red wine(which I don't like) and the beer they had wasn't to my taste. I had most of one cup of said beer and stuck with water for the rest of the time. So I was bored for hrs without even a buzz to carry me through. Did meet a couple interesting people but that was near the time we were leaving so didn't get to chat for long. But that was ok, b/c by that time I just wanted to get to bed.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Your "drive-by-lickings" explanation was too funny!

As for the doctor... if you really feel like that, maybe you should see another doctor. Trust is an important component in that relationship. But perhaps a better option would be to discuss it with your therapist before you do anything.

Yabco said...

LOL...BoooOm "Petra" Here in jordan hope u knew It

Petra said...

Ann- that's what I was thinking-talk with my therapist first.


Hi Yabco-thought you were someone I know, now I'm not so sure and am frankly relieved (so big sigh of relief). Yes, I did know that "Petra" is a city in Jordan.

Anonymous said...

What should I avoid while taking ? Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. will cause drowsiness valium