Wednesday, February 1

January's Book Journeys

Books I've read and liked that have taken me to interesting places.

Black Ice...Anne Stuart - romantic suspense at its best: this was fast-paced and I couldn't put it down until the end

You Slay Me and Fire Me Up...Katie MacAlister - dragons, demons and portal guardians: I really enjoyed the first title, the second was more of the same, I expected more but it was ok.

Dead Witch Walking and The Good, the Bad and the Undead and Every Which Way But Dead...Kim Harrison - a world where witches, vampires, werewolves and pixies exist and sort of co-exist with humans: a really great series, the first introduces the main characters, the second was ok and the third was really good. Can't wait for the next installment.

Undead and Unreturnable and Under Cover and Derik's Bane...MaryJanice Davidson - I've read all of the undead and ____ series and really enjoyed most of them including this latest one. The undead series is all about a fiesty vampire queen who loves shoes, funny and sarcastic and fun. The last two books here are stand-alones which I liked as well. Derik's bane has a werewolf as the central character.

Can Cows Walk Down Stairs? The Best Brains Answer the Biggest and Smallest Scientific Questions...Paul Henley - Christmas gift from D, very interesting book which answered many of the random 'I wonder why...?' questions I have.

Harbor Nights...Marcia Evanick - romance: fun light reading

Evening Hours...MaryLynn Baxter - romance: same as above

The Undomestic Goddess...Sophie Kinsella - i guess they call this contemporary women's fiction, whatever that means. I call it a great read. Great book.

No comments: