Tuesday, February 7

Sun...Mon...Tues

Sunday
Was talking to my sis today and we were talking through this internet phone thingy skype.com and I put a goofy pic of mine in the profile. For kicks mostly. Anyhoo, she was saying - you should put a different pic there cause that one is not very flattering. I kind of snapped at her then. Partly cause I don't think the pic is that bad, it's a little goofy sure, one I took myself with the camera waaay too close :) She was saying that I should change it because suppose my future guy is searching and sees the pic. I mean c'mon. So my response was that the only person I talk to through the internet thingy is her. She then asked about a couple other friends of mine. And I had to tell her there was no one else.
I'm lucky enough to catch my friends (who live in different states) on the phone once a month or so. I don't talk to anyone online. I have a few other friends I've lost touch with. Some I kind of wanted to lose touch with. I sometimes become friendly with someone because of a particular circumstance, not necessarily because we clicked. Then I feel obligated to hang out with them and this stresses me out. So if the opportunity arises and they move away or something, it’s real easy for me to lose touch, especially if they don’t make any contact. Others I wouldn't mind talking to more often but everyone has their lives to get on with and it's easier to lose touch with someone who's not nearby. I feel pressured though. As if it's up to me. They have my number just like I have theirs and I’m sure their fingers aren’t any more broken than mine are. But no-one calls. But it's fine. I can deal with that.

My sis was like - but you know so many people, have so many friends. Actually I do know many people but many are aquaintances not close friends.
So I changed the pic cause I just don't want the hassle. I didn't really want to change it well I did but to an even goofier one - for fun :)

Monday
But it doesn't really matter because the only person who will see it is my sis. Plus it's not like I'm going to meet someone online. Plus it's a freakin phone pic - not a personal ad.

I’m just tired of repeating myself. Sometimes it feels like no one listens to me. I tell them things and then have to repeat the same things to them again and again. I wonder if they realize how frustrating this is. Makes me not want to say anything because what’s the point if no one is listening and I’ll just have to repeat myself. This has been a problem for me forever.

I actually feel less alone since I started my blog. Or maybe it's just that it doesn't bother me as much. I like it that people visit my blog regularly and that some of you even visit every day :) It's like a connection, you know-through cyberspace. It's good to know that other people sometimes feel the way I do about things. That I'm not the only person with issues.

A lot of the stuff I write here, I don't want to talk about with anyone I know. I'm not sure why that is exactly. But I still need to get it out and off my chest so to speak.

Got invited to a themed party this weekend. I'll probably go cause what else will I do. Actually I do have a second option. A couple I know are going to a local nightspot to hear some family member of theirs play. I was thinking of going if nothing alse came up. Cause it'll be couples...and me...which is ok but I'm not always in the mood for that. The themed party will a few other singletons there, well most likely just one. The sidekick. Will write about him at some point. Though I don’t think he deserves the space :) I have made my peace with him and have seen him (and was able to talk to him in a friendly manner but not too friendly mind you) since the incident - when I realized he wasn’t worth my time/was a jackass. Still, it’s only Monday and both things are on Sat so I still have time to decide.

Tuesday
Had a crappy day at work today. A total shit of a day. So frustrating that only swear words come to mind. My friend S and I decided on the weekend that we'd go see a movie tonight "Something New" and we did. Tuesday is free-popcorn night. I may never see another movie on a weekend again, no lines to buy my ticket, small line at the concession stand but hey, I can wait 1 or 2 min for free popcorn :) Plus you don't have to get there super early just to get a seat. 5 min before movie started and lots of great seats still free. Can use an entire seat for my coat/bag/scarf/sweater/etc instead of having to pile it all on my lap. Like I said, wekend movie with all the crowds/rushing may never appeal to me again.

"Something New" is a cute romantic comedy. If you're thinking about seeing it but not sure, GO! It's really fun movie if you enjoy romantic comedies. There's a part where the main character talks about being able to be herself with this guy. And I thought - there...that's what I want...someone I can be myself with, my sometimes goofy, slightly neurotic, usually funny, weird but interesting, self. A lot of adjectives, I know. I'm a complex gal.

I've been to the gym more times this year (I know it's only just Feb :) than I went in the last 6 months prior to December. Since reintroducing myself to the gym, I haven't lost any weight i.e. I don't weigh much less but, I have lost an inch on my waistline and can now tighten my belt 2 notches closer than I was able to back in Dec. Pretty good news. My pants are a bit baggy but i'm going to wait a bit before I buy new ones. Who knows I may even lose a little more on the ole waist:)

Kind of excited about the themed (Mexican) party Sat, got official invites today and everyone gets an alter-ego/name for the night. And I'm supposed to wear a skirt. Can't remember the last time I wore a skirt. I bought one last year but never got around to wearing it, should try it on and see how/if it still fits. In any event I need a top to go with, a cute top (after all, the sidekick will be there and has to know and regret what he squandered, the moron, ok so I'm still a little bitter).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about friends you don't mind losing touch with. One of these days I need to write about a friendship with my "best friend" (at least that's what I called her once). I haven't talked to her since Oct. 2003, and to be perfectly honest I have no desire to talk to her now. Yet she's tried to contact me ... it's just that, I knew back in 1997 that our friendship was doomed, and I just wanted it to die a natural death, like a limb with the circulation cut off that would just eventually drop off ... and I had a lot of things I was angry with her about, but I never told her and bottled everything up. Mainly I felt she never listened to me and treated everything like a joke, when sometimes I really needed to talk seriously.

Anyway, I had a half hearted friendship with her for six years ... and I screwed up big time by just not talking to her again. It's easy to do when you live hundreds of miles away. But I honestly don't miss her at all!! I don't know what that says about me.

Sorry to take up so much space in your comments today. :)

One last thing: put whatever picture you want on the internets!!!

Petra said...

Jennifer - comment as much and as long as you like. Maybe I will put the pic I want instead.