Friday, February 17

Supposed to be rainy and cold

It's supposed to be rainy and cold this weekend. I've another party tomorrow night-mardi gras this time.
I'm staying in tonight. Made some veggie split peas soup(yes we say split peas not split pea :) with cornmeal dumplings. Haven't made dumplings in a looong time. My friend E and her bf cook together a lot and the other day they made herb dumplings. Since she told me about that meal they had, I've been in the mood for dumplings- like my granma used to make. She made the best soups and several different kinds of dumplings. Most of the soups I grew up eating were pea-based and rich and thick. This is the kind of soup I prefer. Plus, I looked through my cupboards and realized I had 3 lbs of split peas. So I figured this would be a great time to make use of some of them. So in they went with a random assortment of veggies from my fridge and just dropped the dumplings in (they always go in last as they onnly take 10-15 min to cook). Hope it comes out good. Going for a taste now :)

No comments: