Tuesday, February 21

good chili on a cold night

Watching american idol (after Dr. Know ended of course). Let me just say that sometimes, Paula Abdul makes feel like gagging-the stuff she says. I guess it's better than Simon's "you were horrible/forgetable" which he said to most of the girls tonight.

Made big pot of chili tonight. Along with some PastaRoni - yum-my.

Was talking to a guy who used to work in our dept. He now works in a different dept and is much happier. He and I were comparing stories about our previous crap supervisors/crap evaluation system/hr dept that is not there for us but is only a front to get ppl hired-that's where their role ends as far as we're concerned. I felt very upset after our bitch-fest, bringing all that back to the forefront of my mind.
Then I was in one of the instrument rooms and a guy was saying that he doesn't trust ppl who smile all the time. He went on to say that ppl don't like/trust ppl that are happy all the time. I smile a lot. Not for other ppl but for me, it keeps my mood level, reduces chances of wrinkles,etc. Anyhoo, I told him that just b/c I chose to smile often, it didn't mean that I was happy all the time. WTF is up with some people? Then he said that he tries to educate the younger generation - his philosophy being that you should act/look like you're pissed off all the time. Then when something good happens you can be truly happy. Such shit. He also said that not many ppl take his advice. I told him that his spiel needs work, not very convincing.

With all this stuff, I was not in the best of moods as I was leaving work. Then a bright spot. I was just going out the door and at the same time my friend E was coming in, so we said quick bye, I just wanted to get out of there. As I stepped out, Sam was just coming through. So I stopped and we chatted a little [I'm suddenly not in such a rush]. I may have given myself away there. Haven't spoken about my interest in Sam to anyone (even though I've told potentially the entire globe on the blog :). I don't know if E stopped or noticed anything different. I only had eyes for you-know-who. I have it bad. I hope he asks me out soon. Else I may have to take the initiative and do the asking. I've done the asking before with mixed success.

Went to the music store as a pick-me-up. I love browsing/buying music. Haven't been in ages. Spent almost 2hrs looking and listening. Set my spending limit at $20. Went just over with tax so not bad. Was walking to my car and it was covered with white, fluffy stuff. Yes, snow :)

It's been such a strange winter. Warm, then cold, then really cold. Some snow but no where near the amount we usually get or with the normal frequency. By now, we'd have had 4 or 5 fairly large snowstorms. Not that I'm complaining. It's strange now everytime it snows b/c you could almost forget that's it's winter. No huge snow "mountains" at the side of the roads from the constant plowing. Grass is green, that's how infrequent the snow has been and how warm the temperature. Just really odd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that dude's philosophy is always look angry? Ridiculous.

Petra said...

Yeah, totally ridiculous. Every conversation I ever have with that guy that extends to more than "hey" or "hi, how you doing?" ends the same-with me thinking he's ridiculous.