Thursday, March 2

another american idol post: mini-bet 1

my pick 12

Girls:
Lisa Tucker (I like her though not sure why)
Paris Bennett (she can sing, is very comfortable on-stage, does she really need AI? for some reason I just can't warm to her)
Mandisa (she's really good)
Katherine McPhee (another one I don't like much but I think she will get many votes)
Kellie Pickler (another one people will vote for, the cute naive factor)
Ayla Brown (I like her too)

Guys:
Ace Young (of course, not a great song choice last night, the beany thing is weird but who cares)
Chris Daughtry (brilliant - I'd go see him in concert)
Gedeon McKinney (didn't like him much before but he was really good last night)
Eliot Yamin (great voice, didn't really enjoy his song, thank goodness he shaved the weird beard off)
Taylor Hicks (I'd listen to him on the radio, but wouldn't go see him in concert, too twitchy)
Kevin Covais - This was a tough choice for me, I was trying to decide between Kevin Covais and Bucky Covington. I went with Kevin, cause I was talking to one of the guys at work today about how the 11yr-old girls need someone to vote for. He chose Will Makar. I was also thinking of Bucky b/c he's the guy who'll get the country votes. This may make or break my list/bet.

Oh well. One guy and I have identical lists so if we're right, they're going do a coin toss to decide who gets the pot (quite small this early in the game).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am afraid to watch this show for fear I get hooked on another reality TV show. I'm already addicted to Project Runway, which is really embarassing to admit.

Petra said...

Don't be embarassed - I have a friend who's also addicted to project runway :). AI is very addictive once you start watching, I think it's less boring this year.