Saturday, March 25

love actually

Watching "Love actually" again. I love this movie.

Some of the best moments:
The-Hugh-Grant-shimmy across several rooms to Jump for my love-Pointer Sisters

Daniel(Liam Neeson), such a great Dad. Saying, "we need Kate and Leo and we need them now" to his son Sam saying he'd fallen in love and that it was hopeless.

The kid Sam, who says, "just one tiny insignificant detail", to the fact that he doesn't play an instrument but is convinced that that's how he's gonna get the girl.

Also the look on Sam's face when 'his girl Joanna' points to him as she sings, "all I want for Christmas is you", then his face changes as she starts pointing to other people as well.

Driving Sam to the airport to say goodbye to the girl he loves and then, then he tells him to just go through security so he can see one last time.

The writer, Jamie(Colin Firth) and his housekeeper, Aurelia - he can't speak portuguese, she can't speak english, yet they are saying the same things to each other.

The whole village (practically) following Jamie as goes to find Aurelia - now he's learned Portuguese and she's learned english. Then Aurelia's sister says, "Say yes, you skinny moron" to Jamie's proposal. Then he's kissed by both her sister and her father.

So many great moments in this film. Another thing I love loved was how all these seemingly unconnected people were all connected. This movie makes me laugh, cry, believe that love will happen for me eventually. Sounds a bit silly but it's true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's one of my favorite movies ever. I love Hugh Grant as prime minister. And I love that American woman's devotion to her mentally ill brother. I know she's a famous actress but I can't think of her name right now.

Anna said...

It's a great movie. :)

Petra said...

Jen - Laura Linney I think is her name. Her devotion was really something, kind of sad though, but I guess that's what you do for someone you love right.

Ann-definitely.