Monday, March 13

Wallace and Gromit

Just watched Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit. Hilarious. My fav part, there's so many to choose from - is when the Victor's dog Philip and Gromit are fighting in the flying plane and it runs out of coins and stops moving. Then they stop fighting for a moment and Gromit looks for change and can't find any. Philip gives this exasperated groan and then he takes out the girliest change purse ever and pulls out a coin for the plane. Then they start fighting again. Too, too funny.
What I loved about this movie is that even though the animals never actually say words, they still seem human-like with the expressions they had. My other fav bit is when Totty comes into the tent with the 2 bandages on her hair(after Victor stuck the pitchfork through her hair to keep her from helping Wallace), so funny.

There's this other Brit claymation show called Creature Comforts and it's so funny. They feature real man-on-the-street interviews but they replace all the people with claymation animals. There's a Christmas special of it which I saw around Christmas time. I have to get it on DVD. They've shown it here, at least I've seen it advertized but I haven't actually seen it.

Tonight I got another message on my ans machine (3rd one so far). Here's what it says, "Hello, can I speak to...". Helllooo...Answering machine...not a person...can't answer you. Who is doing this? I don't know. But you'd think that in this day and age that everyone would understand the concept of an answering machine, espcially when the message on it says, "leave a message after the tone". How is that in any way unclear? Do people answer their phone with "leave a message after the tone" or with "hello?"
So tonight I changed my message to say, "this is not me, this is my answering machine, leave a message and I'll get back to you". Figured I might as well have some fun with whoever this is. I change my ans machine greeting frequently, for fun. At one time, I had one that was very funny for me, not so funny for people calling me. It went, "Hello, hello, hellloo, just kidding, I'm not at home, this is my ans machine, leave a message." I did change it after my Mom called, she was not amused. At least not as much as I was :)

No comments: