Friday, March 10

TGIF

Tonight I was trying to decide on antivirus software b/c my current mcaffee subscription (that kicked in when I bought my pc) was up today. Was hoping to decide on one that would give me basically the same features but would use less disk space and cost less. I just couldn't decide. Some didn't have a firewall included or weren't as well-rated. Some that got a great rating on one site didn't get such a good rating on another. So I took the path of least resistance - as usual. I just renewed with the darn mcaffee again. It uses so much memory to run, that's one of the reasons I wanted to change to something else. Oh well, it's done now.

I figured out why I didn't like the american idols guys doing falsetto. I realized that I don't mind guys singing falsetto if it comes out 'natural-like'. For example, I love Third Eye Blind and Stephan Jenkins does falsettos fairly often in his songs and I like it. I also like Five for Fighting - and he goes pretty high at times as well. Not to mention Daniel Powter. Maybe, I just don't like the current idols' versions of falsetto b/c it doesn't sound natural when they do it, it sounds more like an animal in pain, not like great music to me.

We got our yearly evaluations back a couple weeks ago and this yr was better than it's been. Not that I got promoted, I didn't expect to this yr but last year I did(a slight sore point for another time) but at least it was positive overall. There were a few areas for improvement (naturally) but not major ones. Plus (a big plus) no bull from my supervisor about my personality. Had real problems last year with my previous supervisors about that. Don't want to get into that now cause it never fails to depress and anger me when I think about it too much. Today, we got our letters with pay incr and bonus (this yr everyone's is much less than last year or so they told us). I'm ok with that. It's money I didn't have before. Plus my pay incr is a little more than it usu is. I usu do a little calculating and my pay incr every year usu goes up by the exact same dollar amt except for this year. And I can do with the extra.

Looking at all my finances, I've made up my mind that I have to move. It's decided. Now I just have to find a place to move to. Bottomline - I need to pay less rent so I can begin to break even and be able to make real dents in my CC debt. So tomorrow I'm going apt hunting. My lease isn't up until July but I know myself and if I don't start thinking about it(looking) now, it just won't happen. I like to have lots of choices - major comparison shopper - before I can come to a final decision. Tomorrow is supposed to be really nice out, upper 50s and no precipitation, so it'll be a good day to do it.

Was planning to go to the gym tonight but changed my mind. Went to the library and browsed for a while instead, then came home. Went for a curry with the guys in my group today and was still kinda full from that...indian buffet will do that to you...especially when you have 2 plates of food. Usu I'm able to have 1 plate and be good but was feeling like 2 so I had 2. Didn't feel like cooking anything when I got in tonight which would be fine except that I've been grazing...I've had chocolate, chocolate covered cadbury cookies, popcorn, more chocolate and cereal. I need to go to bed soon, that way, I'll stop eating :). Tomorrow I either take a walk early or if motivated enough maybe even go to the gym.

Tomorrow I might also meet with C(from alumni night) for dinner. He has a friend in town for the weekend but he said he'd let me know if she was ok with us all going to dinner. If not, he and I are going to have coffee Sun. Should be fun to catch up.

Went to choir thurs night - we usu have additional rehearsals depending on time of church year. Now we're doing extra pieces for the easter tridium so we have practice once a week in addition to early sun rehearsals. We sound very 'interesting' when we're first learning a piece. One particular piece switches back and forth every couple measures between soprano/alto(S/A) then everyone then tenor/base(T/B) then everyone. It can get confusing when you barely know the tune.
Also got to call L tomorrow to see how serious she was about joining choir. 940am on Sun is something of a committment so we'll see :) She winced a bit when I told her the time.

Going to bed, got an interesting book - reinventing mona. My recreational reading is much reduced since I started class. More tired and less time I guess.

No comments: