Friday, March 17

I have hope again

Listening to : Can't Get enough of You Baby...Smashmouth
This song always makes me feel like dancing - Austin Powers style :)

Went to the bank at lunch and got veggie chinese take-out for lunch. I knew it was veggie cause that's what I ordered. Normally I save the meat(usu chicken) and eat most of it at the end. So I was absently thinking that the chicken pieces were cut in very big chunks. So put one in my mouth and started chewing only to realize that it wasn't chicken but fried tofu. Eewwww! Yeah, too late to do much but finish chewing and swallow. Maybe it's b/c I mostly order chicken when I get chinese food and my brain is just wired to recognize "chicken" even if I didn't order it. I don't really know. I don't do tofu. I like soy milk and have even grown to like soy cream cheese but not tofu in any way, shape or form. My fortune cookie said, "accept the next proposition you hear". I figured my day could only get better after that. Right?

All day today I kept hoping to catch a glimpse of Sam b/c I just had to know. I had to know if yesterday meant anything.
Around 3p, he came to my lab for a chemical. So being the helpful person I am ;) I asked him what he's looking for. So he tells me and asks where the storage cabinet is in our lab. So I ask what number cabinet and he tells me. So then I ask what lab cause I didn't recognize it. It was not in our lab but I told him where to find it. So off he went. Then 5min later, he's back. Asks for another chemical. Just so happens I had that one on my bench. So I told him so and that he could borrow it. Then he says that he made a mistake. That he needs a different one and he tells me the name of it. He was flustered. Flustered, I tell you. And that has to be a good sign. Reminded me of myself. The chemical he asked for originally and the one he actually needed don't even rhyme. In fact, one starts with an "h" and the other with a "p". I told him to go have a look at the hood it was listed at - 3 hoods away from mine. So he goes over there and he's looking. Meanwhile I'm trying to act normal, do my job, you know. After a couple minutes, I go over to him to ask if he was having any luck. He wasn't. Then I asked, "do you remember what size the container is" at the same time that he said, "I don't know what size container it's in". Then I saw it and it was right next to him but from where he was standing, there were a couple things blocking his view.
Then he said, “Thanks, isn’t it great the way we help each other out?” I answered, “Yeah, it is great”. At that moment, I had no idea what he was talking about but would have agreed to anything he said really. It was only later on that I remembered that he’d helped me find a chemical in his lab a while ago.
Just before I left work today, I went to see him to chat for a bit. Ok so I still don’t know for sure if he’s interested in me. But I have hope again :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flustered is good! :)

Petra said...

Yes, very good :)