Sunday, March 5

Radio silence and epiphanies

Went bowling last night. Had my best game ever. 3 strikes and 3 spares in one game. Oh and I won 2 of the games we played. There was a cute guy in the lane next to us bowling with a couple friends of his. He and I were usu up to bowl at the same time. We chatted a little between frames. What I don't know is how to tell a guy I just met that I'm interested? If I knew how to do that, he'd prob have my number now. But I don't so that's that.

Been talking to this guy online - from the speed-dating site. Not one of the guys I actually saw but just another from the site. Anyhoo, we've been emailing back and forth for over a month now and this past week, we planned to put voices to the emails. So I sent him my number. He said he'd call if he got home early enough(this was thurs) and hasn't. Also no email from him either. I emailed last so I'm not going to email again until I hear from him(email or phone). This is weird to me b/c we've been emailing each other quite frequently (~2-3 times/week) so I don't know what this means. It could mean that
1)he's been emailing other girls as well and decided on someone else after he said he'd call, or
2)he chickened out, or
3)he's an asshole
At this point I don't have tons invested, we haven't met, so it's been casual, cool. So I don't get the whole 'radio-silence'.Oh well.

As far as Sam is concerned, I had a mini-epiphany about him last week. Although I do think he's interested, he does not appear to have any plans to do anything about it. I considered doing the asking but I don't think I can. I can't take the rejection or inevitable gossip that would result from me asking him out and having him refuse. The cubicles are too small and people are always around. So I'm just going to leave that there.

No comments: