Thursday, March 16

To Ace Young

When I told the guys at work that I'd voted for Ace a few times, one of them said, "its people like you who ruining american idol, voting for people like that who can't sing". He was only half-serious, but I couldn't care less. I'm really glad I voted for him cause I might have helped him last night. He was in the bottom 3 i.e. the 3 people who got the least number of votes. Whew!
I want to send an open letter to Ace

Dear Ace

You got by last night by the skin of your teeth. My advice to you: stop choosing songs which would inspire you to sing in falsetto. Even if it's just one word/note, forget it. Choose something else. The whole falsetto thing, so not working for you, regardless what Randy and Paula say. Simon is mean and tactless but spot on most of the time.

I'm beginning to wonder if you really can't sing and "Father Figure" is the only song that you can do well. This is what the guys at work say. I hope this isn't so. You gotta come big next week or you're probably out next. Even though Bucky and Kevin and the Pickler are probably in the same or worse vocally, you're on thin ice man. Fix it. I freely admit that I could watch you do your thing with the tv on mute. That said, I still wanna see you make it to at least the top 5.

Still voting for you,
Petra

No comments: